WHAT IS THE POLAR PLUNGE?
Special Olympics Michigan is helping to create a world that accepts and welcomes every single person regardless of ability or disability.
The Polar Plunge is the biggest fundraiser for Special Olympics Michigan. All funds raised by Plungers help Special Olympics Michigan provide year-round training and services to over 22,000 athletes with intellectual disabilities across the state.
The Polar Plunge is presented by the Law Enforcement Torch Run, a movement of volunteers dedicated to increasing awareness and funds for Special Olympics Michigan athletes across the state.
SO HOW DOES IT WORK?
Fundraising is required to participate in the Polar Plunge, but the minimum of $100 makes a big-time impact—especially at times when we need it most!
– Set your fundraising goal. Fundraising is required to participate in the Polar Plunge, a minimum of $100. Make sure to check out this year’s cool incentives for each level.
– Ask your friends, family and co-workers to join your team. The bigger the team, the better!
– When you arrive at your Plunge, make your first stop the registration area. This is where you will check-in and pick up your incentives.
– Make sure to get changed into your plunge costume or clothes 15 minutes before the event.
– After you Plunge, head back to the changing area and get into some dry clothes then share your accomplishments with your donors and friends on social media. Your fundraising page will be open through the end of the Plunge season to receive more donations.
– Once you’ve reached your fundraising goal, it’s time to Plunge! Your creativity can shine during Virtual Plunge; all we ask is that you stay safe. Check out our Virtual Plunge ideas to get started!
– Make sure you get a video of yourself doing the virtual Plunge and post it on social media! Use the hashtags #PlungeMI and #VirtualPlunge.