The Frozen 5k is BACK for the 2023 Polar Plunge Season! This year, you have the option of participating in a VIRTUAL Frozen 5k or you can join us for an in-person Frozen 5k Charity Walk hosted by Real Estate One.
THE FROZEN 5K
- All Frozen 5k participants will have a fundraising page automatically created when you register – we encourage you to ask your friends, family, and connections to consider pledging a gift to Special Olympics MI on your behalf!
- Fundraising incentives offered for all Frozen 5k participants raising over $100 – check the “Incentives” page under the “Plunge Info” tab to see the incentives!
- Virtual Frozen 5k Participants will receive their incentive(s) via mail in the early Spring; in-person Frozen 5k Participants will pick-up their incentive(s) from the Polar Plunge event being hosted on the same day/location as their Frozen 5k
- We encourage Frozen 5k participants to create a 5k team – gather some friends, family, coworkers, or interested community members!
- Virtual Frozen 5k teams can make their own events to participate in the Frozen 5k from a location of your choice
Share your Photos
- Email your photos to PlungeMI@SOMI.org
- Share your photos on facebook & instagram #plungemi
Virtual Frozen 5k
Walk, run, hike, or roll alone, with a partner, or with a whole team - on a day and at a location of your choice! We will mail you your Frozen 5k long-sleeve shirt and medal within 5 business days of your registration, and then we'll send any fundraising incentive(s) for those who raise over $100 in the early Spring.
If you opt to run, please be aware of possibly dangerous weather conditions and slippery trails / routes. This is not a formal race, and times are not being collected.Register for Virtual 5k
In-Person Frozen 5k
Join us for a Frozen 5k Charity Walk hosted in conjunction with one of our local Polar Plunges – these Frozen 5k events are being hosted by our friends at the Real Estate One Charitable Foundation & Reinhart Realtors. The charity walk will be just before one of the Polar Plunges, and will conclude with all Frozen 5k participants enjoying the plunge party, cheering for the plungers, and picking up any earned incentive(s) at the Plunge check-in table.